New Vision Fellowship of Madison, NC is a growing, energetic, Christ-centered, Bible-believing, contemporary, Baptist church. We are searching for a Church Secretary with a love for the Lord Jesus Christ and His church who will complement our efforts to multiply God’s glory on the earth by assisting with a number of tasks on a part-time (estimated 20 to 24 hours a week) basis. Are you a self-starter who can juggle multiple administrative tasks while keeping a positive and helpful attitude that draws others together? If so, then feast your eyes on this opportunity!
The Church Secretary will carry out tasks from among the following duties:
- Answer the phone, providing information and relaying requests needing attention to the appropriate individuals within the church.
- Represent the church in communications via email, social media, and letter. This may include relaying announcements, answering general questions, composing newsletters, or similar duties.
- Receive and relay prayer requests communicated to the church, following up on needs to keep the pastor and congregation informed in subsequent weeks.
- Maintain membership and contact information for members, attendees, and guests using the church’s records management system (Rock RMS).
- Maintain church office equipment and order supplies within budgeted category amounts.
- Prepare a weekly worship guide with information about the worship service retrieved from relevant ministry leaders.
- Maintain the church calendar, coordinating the reservation of church facilities for use by church ministries, groups, or members for approved usage.
- Coordinate appointments for the pastor, keeping his calendar up to date.
- Facilitate communications between ministry representatives, maximizing cooperation between the various ministries of the church.
- Prepare materials (handouts, copies/binding, announcement slides, etc.) and assist with communications for worship gatherings, membership classes, meetings, and small groups as requested by ministry leaders.
- Assist with ordering supplies for church-wide ministry (communion, etc.) and other ministries (subject to budget and ministry leader approval).
- Assist Children’s Ministry directors with scheduling of volunteers for children’s classes and events as needed.
- Maintain the church’s roadside sign with Bible verses, announcements, and general information using online software (Play Signage).
- Maintain the church bulletin board with important information and sign-up sheets for service opportunities among the flock.
- Trim and publish weekly sermons to the church podcast via church presentation software (Proclaim).
- Keep information on the church website up-to-date (via WordPress) which may include Small Group offerings, calendar events, and recent sermons.
- Execute other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the pastor or leadership team.
The ideal candidate for the Church Secretary Position will possess the following qualifications:
- MUST have a pleasant personality that will leave a positive impression on those interacting with the church.
- MUST be able to maintain confidentiality with a steadfast resolve not to gossip or to cast others in a negative light. This position will likely have visibility to sensitive information from time to time such as counseling needs, benevolence requests, and financial records – anyone who would pass such information along to others against the church’s wishes need not apply.
- MUST have excellent oral and written communication skills that thrive on clarity and accuracy of information presented.
- MUST give attention to detail and possess strong problem-solving skills that enable work to proceed with little oversight.
- MUST be proficient with office and communications-related software and tools (Word, Excel, Google, Facebook).
- MUST have strong organizational skills with an ability to multitask while maintaining a neat, clean office environment.
- MUST live with a stellar and trustworthy character that is consistent with biblical morality, free of drunkenness and drug abuse, and not contradictory to the teachings and objectives of the church based on Scripture. This individual may potentially assist with cash flow on occasion.
- Preference will be given to individuals who possess a strong eye for aesthetics that leads to the production of materials which are elegant and artistic.
- Our pastor has a wealth of experience in technology and desires to use software and tools to maximize the impact and efficiency of church tasks. Accordingly, strong preference will be given to individuals who are proficient with technology tools, including the ability to edit graphics, manage social media platforms, and/or command software that handles ministry tasks like maintaining member records, creating church presentations, editing sermon audio, and controlling digital signage.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have a proven love for Christ and His bride through a track record of volunteer service in a local church.
- Preference will also be given to individuals who have prior commendable experience in church secretarial work or education or experience in fields that involve similar duties.
Compensation for this position will be $12 to $14.50 per hour, depending on the candidate’s level of experience and qualifications. This is a part-time position with no insurance benefits, but the individual who fills this role will be granted 2 weeks of paid vacation based on the average number of hours worked during regular weeks.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2019. Individuals who pass the pre-screening process will be contacted for the next step of the recruitment process. Final employment will be contingent upon a drug test through a local medical facility.